Beitrag von call20 »

Artist: Various Artists
Title: Boy Got Bass 3 - Mixed By DJ Emerson
Label: Kiddaz.FM
Release: July 17th 2009
Format: CD
Cat.No: KIDDAZ.FM MIX SERIES 008

Bild

DJ Emerson continues his Boy Got Bass series with number 3, yet another tight mix of undulating house grooves and stripped back techno which sums up the best of dancefloor action from one of the deftest DJs around.
Emerson has seen huge support from producers, DJs, journalists and punters alike via his productions, Kiddaz.FM, Micro.Fon and Style Rockets imprints and, of course, his forward thinking yet supremely dancefloor DJing and Boy Got Bass 3 displays why beautifully.
Well balanced and energetic, the mix features music from from heavy hitters like Loco Dice and Reboot as well as output from relative newcomers like Daniel Steinberg and M.in, creating a brisk 70 minute listen which flys by all too quickly.
From the skewed funk of Danton Eeprom's remix of Fortun8 Fellaz to the emotive John Tejada remix of Jean-Paul Bondy, Boy Got Bass 3 works through styles quickly but still manages to let each of the 17 cuts make an impact before moving on. The percussion and bass of previous BGB comps is present, but in typical Emerson style there's depth and melody throughout which provides the sort of hooks which will make this comp a sure fire winner.
Anthems in the mix such as Reboot's "Vandon" and M.in's "Work that Body" blend into unearthed gems such as the aforementioned Tejada remix of Jean-Paul Bondy, but it's the material from Emerson's own labels or affiliates such as Rompecabeza, Style Rockets and Micro.Fon which steal the show with their chopped rhythms and unruly bottom end.
Emerson is an artist, DJ and A&R who gets his head down and drives himself forward, and the third instalment of this faultless series proves that.
Boy Got Bass is released early July on Kiddaz.FM and is a must for fans of electronic-funk.

---

Tracklist:

01. fortun8 fellaz - look at me house (danton eeprom rmx) - southern fried
02. frank lorber, bernd maus, erik besier - tres - nummer
03. m.in - work that body - off
04. harry axt - planet axt - rompecabeza
05. johannes lehner - smart one (demo version) - micro.fon
06. super flu - shine - mona berry
07. sebastian lutz - i'm tellin' you - do easy records
08. nick curly - friday - supernature
09. loco dice - how do i know? - desolat
10. reboot - vandon - below
11. daniel steinberg - i like to be (marcus meinhardt rmx) - style rockets
12. martinez - momomowha - moon harbour
13. dave shokh - chlam - rompecabeza
14. jean-paul bondy - cold reformer (john tejada rmx) - compost
15. mathias mesteno - dixies's diner - upon you
16. emerson & dubnitzky - bbc pt. 1 (billy dalessandro rmx) - kiddaz.fm ltd & abnormal boyz - something like this - style rockets
17. oliver klein vs. harada - fisherman - micro.fon